To promote your business online one must consider email marketing as one of the stages of an internet marketing campaign. Many business owners move away from email marketing because they consider all email marketing campaigns are purely spam. However, this is not true and not embracing this type of marketing can cause your business to lose out on a great deal.
Steps for Email Marketing:
- Distribution List: This is basically a list of email addresses to which you will email your advertising and promotional materials. This can be bought from various providers of email distribution lists .When you purchase an email list you may be sending your email messages to some users who might be interested but this may not likely to be well received because the message was not solicited.
- Grow Your Lists: Ask your current or potential customers to register on your website to receive additional information and periodic updates about your products and services as well as other information which might be of interest to them. This will give you a unique database of email addresses from customers who have a genuine interest in your products and services.
- Involve with good content: Once you have a list of interested customers or potential customers you can send emails or create e-newsletter for distribution to the members of your email list. These documents should contain a wealth of valuable information as well as a soft sell pitch with a call to action to persuade them to try your products and services. The content can be advertising texts and emails in addition of photos, info graphics, pdfs, videos and any other visual elements.
- Choose an email marketing platforms: Based on your need use an email marketing platform . A few popular options include HubSpot, MailChimp, Sendinblue and Constant Contact.
- Compatibility on devices: Always check if the email marketing campaigns are designed for all devices on which users can read their emails — desktop, tablet, and mobile. This makes the campaign more effective
As technological innovations continue to redesign email marketing, email marketing is delivering huge returns for marketers and business owners; it might be time to re-evaluate your strategy.